Member since Jan 2019
Rachel Hiles is a 32-year-old aspiring local celebrity do-gooder in Kansas City, MO. She has been the primary caregiver for her grandmother for three years, and has used the knowledge and experiences gained over the past twelve years building a career helping disabilities at the individual, organizational, and systems levels to help her grandma have a good life and age in place.
Rachel offers private 1-on-1 consulting sessions and is available to present on the young caregiving experience and real life strategies for caregiving,
Her formal training combined with her variety of personal caregiving experiences positions her to help family caregivers better take bites out of their caregiving sandwiches.
Rachel has in-depth expertise in:
- Using technology to support loved ones
- Using Medicaid HCBS waivers to enhance supports
- Navigating community, aging, and disability services
- Helping families plan for the future and map current and needed supports
- Supports for adults who are deaf blind
You can learn about Rachel by visiting her website at takingcareofgrandma.com